The Clojure Community
Zachary Kim put together the extremely useful ClojureDocs.org which offers a dense, readable, searchable aggregation of the documentation for everything in Clojure Core and Clojure contrib; it sounds like the documentation for many other non-core Clojure libraries may eventually make in in there also.
Zachary Kim together the documentation for Clojure and many Clojure libraries.
The center of the Clojure community is clearly the main Clojure mailing list. However, it gets quite a lot of traffic on relatively arcane subjects, so it is not a great choice when you are first learning the language.
Social Media “Groups” and Feeds
- LinkedIn group of Clojure users
- Another similar LinkedIn group
- LinkedIn list of Clojure professionals
- Facebook group of Clojure users
- Stack Overflow Clojure Questions
- The Planet Clojure aggregate blog or twitter provide an endless stream of Clojure content, some of it helpful at the learning stage.
- Disclojure.org is a tighter (more “curated”) stream of Clojure happenings, in blog/twitter form.
- You can find numerous other Clojure folks to follow using Twibes.
Fogus (a well-known Clojure personality, coauthor of “The Joy of Clojure”) has interviewed various other Clojure folks. In any new language community, many important matters are resolved by a group of a few dozen people (or less) who know each other, and Clojure is no exception. To understand how Clojure fits in the world, it helps to know a thing or two about the cast of characters.
November 2011: (“Clojure Conj conference”) in Durham, NC.
March 2012: (“Clojure/West conference”) in San Jose, CA.
Numerous others are expected in the future.
The clojure.org Community page lists dozens of local Clojure groups. The same list is copied here, for easy reference.
- Washington DC Clojure Study Group
- Atlanta Clojure User Group
- Danish Clojure Users’ Group
- Bay Area Clojure User Group
- Los Angeles Clojure Users Group
- NYC Clojure Users Group
- Philadelphia Clojure Language Club
- St. Louis Clojure Lunch Cljub
- Clojure Houston User Group
- Seajure - Seattle Clojure Group
- Pittsburgh Clojure Users Group
- Detroit Clojure Group
- London Clojure Dojo (signup via London Java Community)
- Manchester Clojure Dojo
- Cambridge Clojurians
- Stockholm Clojure User Group
- Montreal Clojure
- Bangalore Clojure Group
- Amsterdam Clojurians
- Western Mass. Developer’s Group
- Bilkent University, Comp. Eng. Dept., Functional Programming Society